ABOUT REGAN VAN ROOY
Regan van Rooy is a boutique international tax and structuring firm focusing on Africa, both inbound and outbound. Established in 2016, Regan van Rooy provides quality, pragmatic, solutions-focused advice on all taxation, structuring, and transfer pricing matters. Their main offices are in South Africa and Mauritius with strategic expertise across the African continent.
REGAN VAN ROOY: Discover Our Expert Solutions and Services
How you structure your business as you expand globally is a critical question. The right structure will protect your assets, improve your currency position, support your business operations, facilitate future business expansion and changes, and optimise your overall tax rate. Trying to unscramble a sub-optimal structure entered into in haste or without full consideration of relevant facts is complex and expensive, so it’s important to plan upfront.
Structuring is both a science and an art – this is our specialist area of expertise. Regan van Rooy is an international tax and structuring advisory firm focussing on Africa. Our main African offices are in South Africa and Mauritius, and we can help you with any international tax or structuring query.
- Cross-border tax advice
- Controlled foreign companies’ advice and compliance support
- Expatriate tax advisory
- Double tax agreements analysis
- Withholding tax considerations
- Mergers and Acquisition, due diligence, debt structuring advice
- Africa Tax Specialists
- Entering new jurisdictions
- Entering new jurisdictions
- Optimising global and intermediary holding structures
- Planning capital injections and extractions
- Identifying optimal corporate vehicles and structuring intra-group transactions
- IP planning and optimisation
- Tax advisory on all corporate taxation matters
- Tax audit management
- Tax controversy management
- Tax health checks
- Deep expertise in corporate and personal tax planning and wealth protection
- Strategic advice, planning, and policy design
- Health Checks, Risk Assessments & Audit Reviews
- Intellectual Property
- Controversy, dispute resolution, APAs, and MAPs
- Documentation, including Master File and Local Files
- Country-by-country reporting
- Credit-rating analysis and debt carrying capacity
- Business model optimisation
- Operational TP and implementation support
- Tailored Training
- TP Secondments
Tax Partner on Call
- Compliance support
- Full-service tax consulting including advising on a VAT audit, reviewing withholding tax forms, or analysing deferred tax assets
- Ad hoc support at favourable hourly rates or monthly retainer agreements.
- All queries within 24 hours
Business Support Services
- Exchange control advisory
- Company secretarial
- Corporate governance
- Offshore procurement & trading solutions
- Tax project implementation
- Specialist secondees
Tax Locum Services
- We provide in-sourced, ad hoc tax expertise to plug resource or skill gaps in areas such as corporate tax compliance, revenue audits, transfer pricing, CFC compliance, expatriate taxes, project management/implementation, and SARB compliance.
- A dedicated manager who will be your point of contact and will leverage our in-house experts on all tax matters including customs, VAT, withholding taxes, and employee tax.
- We can parachute in specialist help as and when you need it. We will in-source to fill gaps for staff who are on short or longer-term leave, where a new hire is being recruited, or to up-skill your existing staff. We can also help you fill gaps over crunch periods, e.g., during year-end audits, revenue queries, start-ups or expansions, company restructurings, compliance with new legislation, implementing new processes, compliance deadlines, etc.
- We provide pragmatic, business-focussed, tailor-made, flexible, and cost-effective solutions
- We have a team of experienced advisors across Africa who can advise you on tax, structuring, wealth and asset management, transfer pricing, financial management, and governance, all while keeping the unique challenges and opportunities of the African continent in mind.
LATEST NEWS FROM REGAN VAN ROOY
REGAN VAN ROOY: CLIENT REVIEWS & FEEBACK
We have used Regan van Rooy for a number of tax advisory services and have found the RvR team insightful, responsive, and easy to work with. Not only were they quick to understand our position and needs, but they also explained the process and possible solutions in a constructive and helpful manner and has brought a thoughtful depth of knowledge and experience to the advice and solutions offered. RvR newsletter/advisories are informative and provide practical advice on doing business in Africa – often with an uncanny alignment with issues that ASPI is dealing with in its day-to-day operations.David Morgan - ASP International - General Manager
The RvR team did in-depth research and was proactive in presenting us with the most practical solution and explaining outcomes. RvR offered good value and delivered as promised.Andy Fensham - SCAD software
Our experience with the Regan van Rooy team has been very positive, and we found them friendly, approachable and happy to go the extra mile at short notice.They offered us pragmatic and flexible solutions that work for our current situation but can change over time as our business changes.Derek Szabo - Signalhill Products
Regan van Rooy advised on the optimal business structure for the Sustainabuild GroupAnthony Lewis - The Sustainabuild Group - Founder
pertaining to intellectual property, corporate structure to source capital and servicing customers across several African jurisdictions. We also needed to consider exchange control and tax and transfer pricing, with a roadmap to scale over time. The advice and service we received from RvR was thorough, well presented and of great value, particularly given the complexity of the brief. We highly recommend RvR as leaders in their field of international tax, structuring and transfer pricing. And their regular newsletters are always relevant, insightful and enjoyable!
The knowledge of subject matter, willingness to assist and investigate niche topics is superb and beyond reproachPaul Henderson - ASP Rope Access - Managing Director